Natively, the Divi theme has 380 icons. That's not bad enough! But how about adding 300 additional icons to Divi? And for FREE!
This would allow you to stand out from other sites built with Divi. Slightly different icons will be welcome in your future projects or even in your current site.
This free resource for Divi will please you, I'm sure!
Advertisement: This article contains affiliate links that you will easily recognize. Classic links are in purple and sponsored links are in pink.
How to get additional icons in Divi?
There are many sites that offer a variety of free or paid resources for the Divi theme. This WordPress theme is widely used in the web world (by agencies or freelancers), its community is growing and very active.
So to get back to our sheep, to get additional icons for free, you can go to the dedicated page of the Divi Space website.
By clicking on the "Donwload Now" button, you will be asked to create a free account and then you can start downloading the Divi Icon Expansion Pack.
What is the Divi Icon Expansion Pack made of?
As soon as you have your download, you will see that the file consists of two other files:
- The folder named "DIEP-Icon-Files.zip": it contains a set of 300 hand-drawn icons that can be used in both commercial and personal creative projects.
- The folder named "ds-icon-expansion-pack-188.8.131.52.0.zip": it is the plugin that adds the additional icons in Divi and that you can use with both the Divi Builder and the Visual Builder.
Also to be read: what are the differences between Divi and Divi Builder?
How to install the Divi Icon Expansion Pack?
Divi Space has provided a plugin, it's quite reassuring because in 2 clicks, you will benefit from the 300 additional icons in Divi. No need to get your hands on the code.
To install this free plugin, you have two solutions:
- From WordPress administration: go to the Extensions tab > Add > Upload an extension > Browse > Install. This will allow you to retrieve the plugin that is on your computer (the one previously downloaded). Be careful, this way, you must import the compressed folder (.zip).
- Via FTP: if you are comfortable with an FTP client like Filezilla for example, you can simply drop the plugin at www > wp-content > plugins. Be careful, this way, it is the uncompressed folder that you will need.
How to activate the new icon pack?
Once installed, you will find the plugin in the list of your extensions. It will just have to be activated, but that's not all, you will also have to activate your license. Even if it is a free plugin and you can use it in an unlimited number of projects, Divi Space has provided protection.
Here's how to get your API key back:
First, you will see a message in the Installed Extensions tab: "activate your license key". Click on it, this will take you to the tab to host your API key.
To retrieve your API key, you will need:
- click on the Purchase History link in the email received after your download,
- click on View License,
- Click Key to get it,
- return to the administration of your site, to the Divi > Icon Expansion Pack tab,
- enter your key and activate it.
Where are the new additional icons located?
Now that the plugin is installed and your license has been activated, adding its new icons will be simple. All you have to do is use the Divi Builder as usual and a collection of more than 300 icons will be displayed in compatible modules such as the SUMMARY module, the BUTTON module etc.
I made a little demo for the occasion:
As you can see in the video, you can use these additional icons via the Divi Builder or Visual Builder.