In native, the Divi theme embeds 380 icons. That's not bad at all! But how about adding 300 more icons to Divi? And for FREE!
This would allow you to stand out from other sites built with Divi. Icons that are a little different will be welcome in your future projects or even in your current site.
This free resource for Divi will please you, I am sure!
Announcement: this article contains affiliate links that you will easily recognize. The classic links are in purple and the sponsored links are in pink.
How do I get additional icons in Divi?
There are many sites that offer a lot of free or paid resources for the Divi theme. As this WordPress theme is widely used in the web world (by agencies or freelancers), its community is growing and very active.
So to get back to the point, to get additional icons for free, you can go to the dedicated page of the Divi Space website.
By clicking the "Donwload Now" button, you will be prompted to create a free account and then you can begin downloading the Divi Icon Expansion Pack.
What does the Divi Icon Expansion Pack consist of?
Once you have your download, you will see that the folder is composed of two other folders:
- The folder named "DIEP-Icon-Files.zip": it contains a set of 300 hand-drawn icons that can be used in both commercial and personal creative projects.
- The folder named "ds-icon-expansion-pack-1.0.0.zip": this is the plugin that adds the extra icons to Divi and that you can use with both the Divi Builder and the Visual Builder.
How do I install the Divi Icon Expansion Pack?
Divi Space has provided a plugin, it's pretty reassuring because in 2 clicks, you will benefit from the 300 additional icons in Divi. No need to put your hands in the code.
To install this free plugin, you have two solutions:
- From the WordPress administration: go to the Extensions tab > Add > Upload extension > Browse > Install. This will allow you to retrieve the plugin that is on your computer (the one you downloaded before). Be careful, this way you have to import the compressed folder (.zip).
- Via FTP : if you are comfortable with an FTP client like Filezilla for example, you can simply drop the plugin at www > wp-content > plugins. Be careful, this way, it is the unzipped folder that you will need.
How do I activate the new icon pack?
Once installed, you will find the plugin in the list of your extensions. You will just have to activate it, but that's not all, you will also have to activate your license. Even if it's a free plugin and you can use it in an unlimited number of projects, Divi Space has provided protection.
Here's how to get your API key:
First, you will see a message in the Installed Extensions tab: "activate your licence key". Click on it, it will take you to the tab for your API key.
To retrieve your API key, you will need :
- click on the Purchase History link in the email you received after downloading,
- click on View License,
- click on Key to get it,
- Go back to your site administration, to the Divi > Icon Expansion Packtab,
- enter your key and activate it.
Where are the new additional icons?
Now that the plugin is installed and your license has been activated, adding the new icons will be simple. Just use the Divi Builder as usual and a collection of over 300 icons will be displayed in compatible modules such as the SUMMARY module, BUTTON module etc.
I made a small demo for the occasion:
As you saw in the video, you can use these additional icons via the Divi Builder or via the Visual Builder.