We have seen in a previous article how to put the opt-in form generated by Bloom to RGPD standards. However, if you are using the Divi theme, chances are you are using the Contact Form module offered by the Divi Builder. In this article, I will explain how to make the Divi RGDP Contact Form module friendly!
Create or edit the Divi Contact Form module via the back office
Either you create a new form or you edit an existing form: the procedure remains the same...
Here is the procedure corresponding to the numbered dots in the image above:
- After your classic fields such as name, first name or email, you will have to add a new field.
- Enter the ID of the field: you can name it as you wish but this ID must be unique on your site, it must not be used elsewhere. It must be composed of lower case letters without special characters.
- Enter a title: this field is required and will be visible on the visitor side.
- Select the field type: CHECKBOX. Your field will be a checkbox.
- Save your field and then your module and update your page.
Optimize Divi's Contact Form module for RGPD via the Visual Builder
- Once your page has been updated (step 6 of the previous chapter), you can click on "Use the Visual Builder".
- The page opens on the front-office side and you can modify the Contact Form module by clicking on the cogwheel icon (of the grey pad!).
- The configuration options will open in a popup window and you can act on your CHECKBOX field.
- Check that the FIELD REQUIRED option is enabled.
- Enter this link in the "Link URL" field.
- Save the field.
- Save the module and don't forget to save your page so that your changes are taken into account.