The "Advertisements" tab will allow you to manage your ads and integrate banners into your content, if you have decided to monetize your blog or site.
Here is the program of this article:
- Advertising to monetize your site
- Other means of monetization
- The Advertisements tab of Divi
- The other options of the Divi theme
Advertisement: This article contains affiliate links that you will easily recognize. The classic links are in purple and sponsored links are in pink.
1 - Advertising to monetize your site
Is it a good idea to monetize your blog with Google Adsense banner ads?
Why not, if it's done intelligently....
These banners should not be too intrusive and should not make your visitors run away.
It's actually quite rare, for my part, I run away directly if they are popups or if there's a banner in each paragraph.
You will see that the Divi theme allows you to insert a banner at the end of your articles without it being intrusive. And you won't need a plugin for that.
Be careful not to abuse banner ads, Google penalizes this !
2 - Other means of monetization
And yes! Monetizing your blog with advertising is quite complicated when you start your website.
For this to be profitable, you will need to have a huge amount of traffic.
You should know that the Adsense ad pays you a few cents for each click. So you have to play with the volume, otherwise it's useless...
If you are looking for other types of monetization, here is what you might consider:
- The affiliation
- The sale of information products (ebook, e-learning etc.)
- Sponsored items
Of course, you can combine all these forms of monetization to try to increase your income.
3 - The settings of the Divi Ads tab
Generally, to easily add banner ads within articles, you need a plugin. Here, Divi offers you an easy way to add this feature. However, you will find few options.
1 - Activate a 468×60 banner: with this option, you can simply activate or deactivate the advertising banners on your site. These will then appear at the end of your articles, just above the comments section.
2 - Select a banner: here, you must enter the URL of an image in 468*60 pixels format. This image must first be inserted into your media library. It is from the library that you will find its URL.
3 - Banner destination URL: Since this is an advertising banner, you will be able to choose the destination URL when the user clicks on it. Generally, it will be an affiliate URL or a partner URL.
4 - Google Adsense: if you don't use the affiliation, you can simply insert the code of one of your ads generated from your Google Adsense account.
5 - Save: Save your changes.
4 - The other options of the Divi theme
You will find the other articles in this series dedicated to the Divi Theme Options, here:
- How to set up the parameters the General tab of the Divi theme ?
- How to set up the parameters the Navigation tab of the Divi theme ?
- How to set up the parameters the Creator tab of the Divi theme
- How to set up the parameters the Layout tab of the Divi theme ?
- How to set the Advertisements tab of the Divi theme? (you are on this article)
- How to set up the parameters the SEO tab of the Divi theme ?
- How to set up the parameters the Integration tab and Updates tab of the Divi theme ?