How to set the options present in the Creator tab of the Divi Theme options? What are they used for? How to make the right choices?
Even if one of the recent updates of the Divi theme has incorporated new and more appropriate translations, it sometimes remains a little unclear.
The proof is for this tab named "Creator"I'm not sure what that means... However, here we'll talk more about performance and user experience.
This is what we will see in this article. Here is the program:
Advertisement: This article contains affiliate links that you will easily recognize. The classic links are in purple and sponsored links are in pink.
1 - The sub-tab " Creator > Post type integration".
As you can see on this screenshot, nothing very complicated here.
You can, if you wish, enable or disable the Divi Builder on certain types of posts such as :
- The articles
- The pages
- The projects
By default, all of these are enabled.
Why disable them? This can be useful if you employ editors on your site and you do not want them to be able to use the Divi Builder on certain types of publications.
For example, you may decide to write your articles with Gutenberg only, the native editor of WordPress. This way, no one will be able to activate content creation with the Divi builder page.
Discover all you can do with the theme Divi
2 - The Creator > Advanced sub-tab
From the Creator > Advanced tab, you can enable or disable certain options.
- Generation of static CSS files: this option allows you to declare the CSS styles generated by the Divi Builder in a static file. This means that these files will be cached, as do plugins like WP Rocket or WP Super Cache. This option can be used to improve the performance of your Divi site but this will only work if option #3 (declare styles locally) is enabled.
- Clear: this is a bad translation of "clear" which means "to clean". In other words, it clears the cache.
- Declare styles locally: with previous versions of the Divi Builder, CSS styles of modules were displayed online (inline) in the footer. Enable this option if you want to restore this behavior. Personally, I do not recommend activating this option.
- Product tour: this is the virtual tour of the Divi Builder. If you activate it, it will automatically start each time you activate the Divi Builder. If this annoys you, just disable it here.
- Enable the latest Divi Builder experience: this allows you to use the latest version of the Visual Builder. If you disable this option, you will find a Divi Builder in Back Office optimized since version 3.18 of Divi. I don't think it's a good idea to disable this option as the new Divi Builder offers many new features.
- Enable the classic editor: this option allows you to keep the classic WordPress editor, the one used up to version 4.9.x. This saves you installing the Classic Editor plugin which offers the same functionality. Personally, I do not recommend activating this option.
To get started with Divi, discover all the articles to start serenely!
3 - The other options of the Divi theme
We have finished with the settings on the Divi Creator tab. You have seen that they are very simple. Enable or disable the ones you want and don't forget to save your records on each tab you edit.
You will find the other articles in this series dedicated to the Divi Theme Options, here:
- How to set up the parameters the General tab of the Divi theme ?
- How to set up the parameters the Navigation tab of the Divi theme ?
- How to set up the Creator tab of the Divi theme? (you are on this article)
- How to set up the parameters the Layout tab of the Divi theme ?
- How to set up the parameters the Advertising tab of the Divi theme ?
- How to set up the parameters the SEO tab of the Divi theme ?
- How to set up the parameters the Integration tab and Updates tab of the Divi theme ?
Need more resources on Divi? Visit ElegantThemes' blog full of ideas and tutorials!