The settings of the Divi theme options are quite simple. In this article, I suggest that you focus on the last two tabs of this option screen: Integration tab and Updates tab.
What are they used for? What are the configurations to be performed?
Here is the program of this article:
Advertisement: This article contains affiliate links that you will easily recognize. The classic links are in purple and sponsored links are in pink.
1 - The INTEGRATION tab
The Integration tab is a very important tab if you want to bring advanced customizations to your Divi theme.
It will allow you to do them, in a simplified way, without getting your hands on the code in depth.
On Divi Tips, you will find several tutorials that use this Divi feature.
- "Enable Header Code" goes hand in hand with "Add a line of code to the Head of your blog". The tag is required for all sites. It has some very important lines of code. You may need to add lines of code to this location but generally you will need an extension such as Insert Headers and Footers. With Divi, this plugin becomes useless because this theme allows you to activate this feature and insert the code you need. For example, you can add a new font to your site or do more complex things.
- "Activate Body Code" goes hand in hand with "Add code to the Body". The "Body" tag is present on all the pages of your site (including articles). This tag can be used to inject code wisely as a Google Analytics tracking code. You can then activate this feature and add the code you need. For more information, please click here how to link Google Analytics with Divi.
- "Enable Top of Page Code" goes hand in hand with "Add code at the top of articles". This is more or less the same as the previous functionality (code in the body) with the particularity that the code will only be used on your articles and not on all the pages of your site.
- Save: Don't forget to save your changes.
2 - The Updates tab
This Updates tab is very important because it is thanks to it that you will be able to install the next updates of the Divi theme with a simple click!
You must therefore have an Elegantthemes account if you want to benefit from theme and plugin updates.
- Username: This is where you will insert your username with which you connect to your ElegantThemes account.
- API Key: The API key is located in your ElegantThemes account.
- Save: Remember to save the information you have just entered.
To better understand, I invite you to read this tutorial dedicated to updating the Divi theme.
Did you know that you can test Divi for free? Go to this page and click on "TRY IT FOR FREE"
3 - In conclusion....
The "Integration" and "Updates" tabs available in the Divi theme options are, in my opinion, the most important tabs with the General tab.
This is where most of the theme's feature settings are located.
If you wish to know the other options of this theme in detail, here is the list of articles in this series:
- How to set up the parameters the General tab of the Divi theme ?
- How to set up the parameters the Navigation tab of the Divi theme ?
- How to set up the parameters the Creator tab of the Divi theme
- How to set up the parameters the Layout tab of the Divi theme ?
- How to set up the parameters the Advertisements tab of the Divi theme ?
- How to set up the parameters the SEO tab of the Divi theme ?
- How to set up the Integration tab and Updates tab of the Divi theme? (you are on this article)