On February 6, 2020, Nick Roach (the CEO of ElegantThemes) announced that the upcoming arrival of the Divi Marketplace... Today, it's official: the official marketplace for Divi products is already available! I suggest you take a closer look at the consequences of this major project...
- 1 - What is the Divi Marketplace?
- 2 - Divi MarketPlace: a guarantee of quality?
- 3 - What can be found on this marketplace of Divi's products?
- 4 - The Divi Marketplace and free products
- 5 - What are the impacts for unofficial marketplaces?
- 6 - How do I become a "creator" (seller) on the Divi Marketplace?
- 7 - How far will Divi go?
1 - What is the Divi Marketplace?
The Divi Marketplace is the official repository for modules, child themes and layouts (layouts) proposed by third party developers or companies.
It's a place where any "Divi-loving" user (developers, graphic designers, WebDesigners...) can make available to the Divi community the resources they have created. And this in a free or paid way.
It looks a bit like the Apple App Store or the WordPress plugin directory, but in "Divi version". That's pretty good news!
2 - Divi MarketPlace: a guarantee of quality?
It is legitimate to ask this question, as marketplaces that sell resources for DiviThere are lots of them ! And for good reason, the "Divi Marketplace" is quite popular in the WebDesign world and within the WordPress community. Many third party companies rely on the success of the theme Divi to try to generate some revenue.
The Divi Marketplace should then be the authority. The ElegantThemes company reviews code, design and testing to ensure the quality of products that must meet specific standards.
I guess they'd better check every product submission because it's their reputation that comes into play!
So, yes, buying a third party product on the Divi Marketplace is certainly reassuring for the end customer. It's a real guarantee of quality, especially since the platform commits to refunding the customer within 30 days if he is not satisfied.
Did you know that you can test Divi for free? Go to this page and click on "TRY IT FOR FREE"
3 - What can be found on this marketplace of Divi's products?
The products offered on the Divi Marketplace are very varied. At the same time, the Divi ecosystem itself is very diverse!
In fact, you will find everything that can help you build quality sites with Divi :
- From modules for the Divi Builder
- From extensions for Divi or Add-ons
- From child themes for Divi
- From layouts for Divi (pre-built layouts) or for the Builder Theme
In short, as you can see, you will find many resources that will certainly help you in the design of your Web projects.
4 - The Divi Marketplace and free products
The platform went online today and there are already some free products. This is already a good start. The "rate slider" allows you to filter the results according to rates. There are some nice products such as Popups for Divi...which I'm sure you're familiar with.
Let's hope, however, that the number of free products will increase over time! Time will tell...
If I were Elegantthemes, I would force the creators to offer 1 free product for 1 paying product, this would make the catalogue grow quickly and would allow all Divi users to access this marketplace, good idea, no?
5 - What are the impacts for unofficial marketplaces?
While some of these marketplaces are very well known, dozens of others are in the shadows. The Divi Marketplace is there to shed light on all those products that are sometimes too little known.
Of course, with the Divi Marketplace, established marketplaces may one day disappear, but I imagine that creators, for their part, have everything to gain by offering their products on various channels. It's a real godsend for them!
6 - How do I become a "creator" (seller) on the Divi Marketplace?
If you think you can enrich the Divi Marketplace catalog with quality resources (plugins, layouts, children themes, etc...), the process is quite simple, just go to the official form to become a Creator and fill in all the fields in order to submit your application.
There is, however, some important information to take into account:
- Commissions on sales: you will receive 70% for each sale.
- No exclusivity requirements: you can sell on various marketplaces.
- Visibility: you benefit from the visibility of the Elegantthemes website and the success of Divi.
- Sales and product support: It is your responsibility to support customers who have purchased your products.
- Unlimited website: all products are sold with an unlimited website license (no restriction on the number of sites that can use your products).
- Annual license: all products are sold with an annual license. The customer must renew his license to get updates and support.
- Approval Requirements: Products must adhere to WordPress best practices, meet development guidelines, meet design guidelines, and be GPL licensed.
If you meet all the criteria, you can start selling on the Divi Marketplace!
7 - How far will Divi go?
To conclude this article I ask myself and you the question: how far will Divi go?
In my opinion, ElegantThemes should have created this marketplace earlier. They should have, too, opened the API earlier (the documentation that allows developers to create extensions and modules for the Divi Builder).
But it's never too late and in the last months/years, ElegantThemes has proven that we can largely rely on the Divi themeas users or webmaster, without being disappointed. This theme is always improving, updating and implementing new features, all useful ...
So, what's next? I can't imagine... Can you?